Beiträge von hoxer

I am getting the white screen too. The moment I run or drive the tractor it freezes (but can still hear things like walking or tractor driving). It was doing this on the original version and now on version .73

Perhaps you should try with some different video settings. I've set Area Density to flat because the rugged terrain vehicles create when driving makes it lag insanely after a while. It'll continue to lag for a while after setting it to flat, because it doesn't remove the ruggedness instantly but it will fade away in time.

This game has AMAZING potential.... I really hope they keep developing this, the idea of having a farm sim game that a single player can enjoy is incredible. The game of course needs a lot of work but if its worked on it will go places.:love:

I totally agree. It's hard to know where the developers are heading though in the long term and they're not as talkative as they were before.

I didn't download v0.72 because of the language issue.. I have however downloaded v0.73 and nothing is changing.. what am I doing wrong? when I start the game it still says 0.71.. I would really love to be able to play with the new update.. please help

You need to download both. 0.72 is the installer and 0.73 has to be unzipped in the installation directory

its okay i only downloaded 0.73 i think i needed to get 0.72 first as that says setup

You figured it. First you download and install 0.72 and then you download and extract 0.73 into the installation directory

Haha. Well that makes a lot of sense. It picked your onboard gfx device because.... who knows.

There should be a way for you to disable that card. I disabled mine in my good old fashion BIOS, but nowadays I hear computers has something even smarter than a BIOS

I guess I'll have to give it a try.... thanks for all the help!! Do you know if there's any way to make sure the devs see this so either they can advise me or we can get another patch asap?? My computer is designed for gaming so this shouldn't be an issue...

Good question. Usually it's Toplitz who manages this. As far as I know there's only one bug reporting thread. It's on steam so perhaps you should write it there.

Maybe it's a long shot, but if you're out of options you could uninstall and revert back to 0.72 and see if the issues there remain. Or maybe you could try starting a new game in case your save was some how corrupted

Just basically says ERROR: FAILED TO CREATE TEXTURE FOR 'xxxxxx' (xxxxxx being a bunch of different stuff) a fuck ton lol. Only thing I can think of would be to allocate more RAM to the game, but I don't know how to do that. I know how to allocate on things like minecraft cause it has a very clear option, but idk for this game, any ideas??

Java is a special case. Usually games and programs will reserve more RAM as it becomes necessary.

I got line saying "Failed to create texture .\textures\vehicles\old_harvester_001\old_harvester_header_normal.dds_"

Its only one of them though :/

Thanks, I lost my progress but i turned on the setting on the new restart. My game is still crashing a lot though, at least 3 times in the last hour or so. Any idea whats causing this??

No, sorry. I haven't experienced many crashes my self. Perhaps one that resulted in a white screen as you describe.

Maybe the log file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Farmers Dynasty EA\!ConsoleLog.txt can give a hint?

I reinstall whole game now and use patch to v0.73 and all is the same (I start the game with administrator permissions). Somebody have an idea, what can I do?

There was an issue back in december I think about onboard cards causing crashes during load. The issue was solely on machines with nvidia cards. At first I thought I had that issue a couple of days ago, so I went into my BIOS and disabled the onboard card. It didn't fix it for me though - running as administrator did. I guess it's worth a shot if you have an nvidia card.