App crashes few minutes in

• I just downloaded the game and experienced issues getting past the loading screen. After a few tries, I got the game loaded in compatibility mode (Windows 7, running as administrator), but as soon as the walkthrough with Oliver is over and I try to go work on Oliver's roof, the game freezes. I have to force the application to stop using Task Manager.

I've reproduced it a few times now, and am starting to feel like this game isn't truly at an "Early Access" stage of development.

Any suggestions?

• Game freezing is not something that is being reported often. It's more crashes :/

You could try setting Options > Custom video settings > Area density to flat? That reduced crashes for me, however it reduces the charm as well. Not sure it works for you at all.

Other than that you should be able to find a couple of log files in %appdata%\Local\CrashDumps or %appdata%\Roaming\CrashDumps (can't remember which one)

There should also be one in your installation folder which default is c:\Program Files(x86)\Farmers Dynasty\

• I am running Farmer's Dynasty for the first time (my desktop is fairly new and runs Windows 10). I start a new game, and the game loads and then crashes, with no error message or anything. The game just closes. Please help?

• I am running Farmer's Dynasty for the first time (my desktop is fairly new and runs Windows 10). I start a new game, and the game loads and then crashes, with no error message or anything. The game just closes. Please help?

Have you tried starting the game as administrator? Just right click the startup icon and run as administrator. You'll be farming in no time ;)

• I had this same issue. I solved it on Windows 10 by creating a shortcut to the executable on my desktop, and changing the properties of the shortcut to run as an administrator. Haven't had the problem since.

Another option is to set it to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode with the Override high DPI scaling behavior checked.