[Farmers Dynasty] User contributed dialogs

• Hi,

I'm cross-posting my steam topic:

It gets tedious with the usual weather inquiry and mocking politicians. Is there a way for i.e. me to contribute with "flavour" stories, jokes or stuff the characters around the map could engage in? Say a formatted text/xml file with some dialog choices and responses? It wouldn't need voice over actors.

I'm considering creating some online tool that makes it easy and convenient to make xml files with flexible in-game dialogs. But if the dev says there's absolutely no chance that those xml will ever be interfaced into the game I wouldn't do it. If there's a slight change they do I'm all in.

• hoxer

Hat den Titel des Themas von „User contributed dialogs“ zu „[Farmers Dynasty] User contributed dialogs“ geändert.
  • Sure. I'll start by writing some different types of NPC conversations. Advices, jokes, gossip, etc and send a few examples in about a couple of days. They'll mostly be uncontextful, but the more context that is available the more dynamic conversations we can create. For instance who's having the conversation and their gender, the time of day.

However I'm not the best story-writer. So I would like to focus on enabling the community to contribute with and translate an evergrowing heap of different dialogs for the sake of variety. The players are encouraged to go to social gatherings so I think the conversations that takes place there should be fun and helpful.